Monday, December 1, 2008

Lagos stand still for Arsenal the Giant Killer


Date line was Lagos and to be specific opebi.
I woke up that morning feeling that whatever will be will be {i am an Arsenal fan}, this was mainly because of Arsenal recent form in the the league.

Watching the match in the viewing center near my house is a no no thing for me because of the rival that exist between the two clubs pitched against each other. I do not want to be caught up in the fight that could break out between die hard supporters of Arsenal Chelsea.

So i left for a more predictable viewing center where i sat next to my friend who is by the way a Manchester united fan.

The match went on with Arsenal a goal down courtesy an own goal by Djorou. My friend told me Arsenal will win the match but i didn't agree with him, his prediction came true at the end. Chelsea 1-Arsenal 2.

The joy of Arsenal fans was unlimited it was as if the league has been won. The Dj started blasting the popular stand up for the champion song and the party began.

Even the okada riders were pulling a lot of stunt with their bike, a lot of traffic, you could see young men bare chested because almost all of them pull off their shirt.

The effect of the match spilled to monday morning, i saw couple of people in Arsenal jersey.
How i wish i have one.

No comments: